- Given the choice, little girls will dance around in their underwear. And put on shows for anyone who will show up. I've now seen over 100 cartwheels and handstands performed to Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" 3 times. No more, I beg you.
- Little boys will choose video games over laser tag.
- Zoom (the movie) really sucked - please, I beg you, wait to rent it from the seven-day shelves if you must rent it at all. Still not sure why the bad guy was doing what he was doing, exactly how he was defeated or why Courtney Cox would agree to play the female lead opposite Tim Allen? But I digress...
- I do NOT thrive on overtime, but I appreciate the money
- All work and no play makes for a dull blog!
- I hate it when I buy the same knitting magazine twice...and it wasn't particularly good the first time either (note, if you want me to send you my extra copy of Knit It! please email me - first one wins the "prize"!)
- Is it me, or is Lion Brand Yarn trying to take over the world one moderately priced skein at a time?
- I'm too old and tired for a kitten.
- Have discovered that key to financial stability is ensuring the following behaviours: 1 - Open all mail every day. 2 - Update Quicken every day. 3 - Do not bury head in sand and pretend there is more money available than there really is. 4 - Come to terms with fact that catching up is going to take a lot longer than getting in trouble in the first place. Sometimes being a grown up really really sucks.
I have no pics for you (again) due to spending too much time at work or with kids. Knitting and spinning are happening in fits and starts lately.
Victories and Defeats
- The Print 'o the Wave shawl hasn't been knit lately (defeat) but I haven't had to frog it either (victory!).
- I'm finally mastering long draw (victory!) but its a lot more challenging with the alpaca top than the merino (defeat? No, I will be victorious).
- I have put in 21 hours of overtime so will make lots of money (victory!) - all of which belongs to Mastercard (defeat).
- I finished one of the orangey-pink socks for Madeline (victory!) but of course had to cast on the second sock (disheartening but not necessarily a defeat I suppose).
- Food still awry but cookie binges have slowed to a trickle. This may be because I am less PMS-y...but may also be because there aren't any Oreos left.
That's about it. Will try to take some pics soon of yummy yarn and somewhat closer to finished WIPs.
BTW...spinning folks...Interweave Knits is hosting a handspun swap to complement the publication of Spin to Knit (so totally on my Amazon wish list).