Monday, May 29, 2006

Headline: Crazy Cat Lady Acquires New Knitting Project – Despite Protests (internal screaming) Knitting Proceeds Apace

Mission Falls Wee Knits (purple) baby blanket

I just have a couple of things to say:

Co-worker is due in September but this needs to be done by the end of June before my holidays – ACK!

It is far too easy to calculate the total number of stitches in this blanket: 27, 210 – assuming I don’t have to do any ripping…not including cast on and picked up stitches.

Total number of stitches stitched to date by stitch-dom: 7200 – apparently this is more than 25% but it feels like much much less.

Other randomness:

House is an oven. Tonight I give in and put in air conditioner in my bedroom so we can actually sleep without sweating through to the boxspring (yes, ick! I agree)

I have been wondering why Alex’s teeth weren’t coming out. Turns out that when they grow in BEHIND the baby teeth, the baby teeth don’t NEED to come out. Seriously. Now I know.
The orthodontist bills are going to kill me.

I don’t have to buy a new refrigerator!!! This is great news because for about ½ an hour on Saturday morning I was online looking for the best fridge deal in the city and hoping they could deliver by noon. Turns out my sister (bless her heart) – in a spirit of energy conservation and concern for the environment – turned off my fridge when she was cleaning it. She was very apologetic but I was SO grateful to have an easy inexpensive solution (turn it from OFF to ON) that I promptly invited her for dinner and fed her the defrosted shrimp.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, so IN LOVE WITH EVERYTHING MISSION FALLS HAS. thanks, thanks a lot. if I have to start knitting you'll have to move here to help.

Lisa said...

Just so you know...I've gone through the book a zillion times going...aha...what should I knit for L?

However, since I'm way overcommitted with knitting projects...you'll have to have another baby so I can much smaller faster newborn stuff.

In case you were looking for a real reason to have another.

Lisa said...

Oh and if you like that stuff for kids...I don't suggest checking out Dale of Norway's kids patterns. Nope. Not cute at all!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what's easier, learning to knit or having another... let's see, lack of sleep either way, lack of home cleanliness either way... BTW I found the wool place north of here, it is Ferguson's in Myrtle Station but they don't have a website so it could be a total dud compared to Wool Heaven we visited on your last visit.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»