Anyone else have a bad case of “January”?
If you aren’t sure, the symptoms associated with “January” are:
1. Regret at having foregone making resolutions because it’s now the end of January and you haven’t even failed at anything yet.
2. Sore toes from kicking the humungous block of ice stuck to the bumper behind the back tire on your car.
3. A bill from the repair shop because even though you finally got the ice off the bumper? It also took out the electrical wires that run the brake lights.
4. A nagging sense of not moving forward.
5. Sick of all your hand-knitted winter stuff? Yeah, me too.
6. Inability to even imagine what being warm when outside feels like.
7. The realization that even a touch of beige would brighten things up outside.
8. You recognize winter festivals for what they are: pathetic attempts by the establishment to keep the masses from becoming angry (and therefore riotous and looting) as winter grinds on and on and on and on…
Anyway – there is some knitting happening. But there is also a BUDGET.
And as any knitter knows, the budget has many drawbacks but the worst of it is the need to knit from stash. And spin from stash. Back before the Great Money Sucking Kitchen Renovation of 2007, I pulled out the spinning stash and people? I may not have knitting stash beyond life expectancy but I would if I spun up everything!
So for my next post (i.e. when I am NOT blogging on company time) I will get some purty dyeing pictures up for you…and some WIPs.
No FOs though…cause everyone knows that when you are on a severely restrictive yarn diet the only sanity lies in casting on as much of the stash as possible.