Monday, November 27, 2006

Blathering on...

So no pics today because I have not taken any...but I do have some FOs for you and once quietness decends on the household I will take some pics and share em.

The green cabled goodness is finished!!!

I frogged the blue sock which was not cooperating on the circular. I realized the best approach is to do the ribbing on the circular because it is a whole lot easier to join without twisting. But since I get ridiculous laddering when I knit the stocking stitch in the round, I switched over to five dpns to do the rest of the sock. I get laddering but I circulate the stitches around a bit to avoid it and so far its working. I am working these in a colourway from AppleLaine called Party Time. It is so darned cute and the colours just shine because of the wee bit of silk in there.

I am nearly finished the last clapotis -- it isn't that I don't like the pattern. But I have ADD when it comes to knitting patterns - its hard enough to finish a project the first time. The second time is BRUTAL. Clapotis - I love thee but I will never knit thee again.

Madeline's poncho...is a slow slow thing. My circs aren't long enough and I still have a LONG way to go. And she keeps growing while I knit it which makes it more and more difficult to finish!

Otherwise - I dyed two velvet scarves from some blanks I had left over from an order from Dharma trading last year...

Pics to follow!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Can't wait to see the pics! I also have a hard time knitting a pattern a second time - its just so boring! By the way, the yarn you spun that you posted last time is beautiful! What are you going to do with it?

Lisa said...

Jeanne - I wish I knew! Its such a tiny amount once I plied it. It might match the pinker roving in which case I might have enough for a small keyhole scarf or pair of mittens.