Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday

In about 8 1/2 hours I have to be back at work. I have, for the most part, managed to not be too depressed about it overall. Madeline reminded me about all the reasons I like going to work: seeing friends, doing fun stuff (her words which I translated into "feeling competent and liked and appreciated most of the time") and I realized a couple of things:

1. My daughter rocks. She may be intense and emotional but she is also incredibly smart and not willing to be told what the "truth" is about anything...she's always going to be the type of kid who decides for herself.

2. At the end of June I was beyond tired. I'm still tired and I probably didn't factor in enough "kid-less" time during my holidays, but despite the sibling rivalry - in the face of which I can't seem to keep my cool and find myself saying ridiculous things like "why can't you get along" and "are you doing this to make me crazy" to which the answers are "because" and "yes" - we had a good time all around. And I did get away and never really worried about not being around to defend my piece of the beach.

3. I would rather stay home and knit more of these:


But I can also knit 'em on the bus.

4. I'm looking forward to having more "grown up" time.

5. I do like my job...its not perfect at all, but it will do for now. I have my dreams but they are a long way off. So patience (not one of my virtues!)

So back to work...and blogging from the great cubicle in the sky.

No comments: