Friday, June 30, 2006

Burnout is just a nice way to say "I don't give a shit anymore"

And I don't.

Reasons why I obviously need a holiday:
1. I want to stick my tongue out at anyone who asks me for something.
2. I'm starting to refer to everyone in the vicinity as "dude".
3. There is a part of me that thinks it is okay to come to work without having showered.
4. Getting out of bed seems less important than staying in bed and doing cross word puzzles.
5. The broken mirror in my front hall hasn't been cleaned up and I'm blaming the cat.
6. It is easier to dress in front of the washer and dryer because that is where all the clothes are anyway.
7. Serving directly from the dishwasher is also an increasingly attractive option - especially since the kitchen counter is...under there somewhere.
8. We have a dining room table?
9. Nutella is too a food group!
10. I am double booking important events like going to the vet and getting a haircut.
11. Knitting problems may lead to a nervous breakdown...no I don't want to talk about it. Yes I found a kind of solution. No, you shouldn't look too closely.
12. Eating out is becoming a life style option.
13. Studiously ignorning my bank account is a coping mechanism.
14. There are many exciting ways to avoid paying bills...including sleeping.

Holidays officially begin in 3 hrs and 45 minutes. Not that I'm counting or anything.

Get me the f(?$?% out of here.

No comments: